buzzing of bees

once there were sheep in the orchard ..........

Wednesday, 28 August 2013

new season beginning

I'd like to say a big welcome to the newest followers my blog! and to thank you for your comments since the theme change.

I live by the sea and in the last week of August we have enjoyed a late summer holiday, where some of the shops stay open, and a lot of people come down by coach, car, and train to enjoy the last of the summer holidays. Our town is packed with people, shopping for last minute souvenirs to take home, and just enjoying their free time.

~

I bought a metre of yellow material and cut it in to eighty-eight, 5x5 inch pieces. This because a mail order list has arrived and I am planning a sunny quilt and these glorious custard-yellow squares will remind me of the summer. 


there will be a colour mix for sure, I really do hope this will be better than...



this sample. I'm going to tie quilt it, and then I'll breathe a sigh of relief and start again! The good thing about lacemaking, here, is a refreshing look at something else. 

I think your work with quilts very wonderful, carefree and inspiring! And I wish you all well as you inspire and encourage us.

xx



and these are for Checkerboard Charms Car Quilt, the next one in the book.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

I love your comments and am not too busy to reply.