buzzing of bees

once there were sheep in the orchard ..........

Saturday, 7 December 2013

Making Christmas - Week 9.



last week i completed a
twirling windmill quilt
a present for my mother. 
it is a before-Christmas present.
and is already in place on her sofa.



lace tablecloth.
 log cabin quilt.

the practice hexies have bowed out...
i think it could make a pretty child's quilt. 
bigger hexies would make for less work.
with bright colours or pastels. 
and some big hexie flowers on a plain quilt.
...to be replaced by this, and here,


new to quilting, this year i have bought presents for my family.
i do so enjoy looking at all the lists
to see what everyone is making.
you are all so industrious! and clever,
ingenious - i hope everyone wins.

 
xx


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing that beautiful quilt! I like your home loving girl photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice of you! that was one I really enjoyed, although I hadn't made one like that before.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

I love your comments and am not too busy to reply.